Pete and I made it home safe and sound. The trip from North to South was fairly uneventful. Our biggest concern was Pete's carry on bag as he decided to bring his humidor from Phoenix to Chile. For those of you that haven't seen his humidor it is a beautiful (but huge) wooden box that barely fit in his carry on bag. I had made a friendly wager with mom that it wouldn't fit in the bulkhead above our seat and I have to be the first to admit that I was wrong. The bag fit and once we were seated we were on our way to Dallas. Arriving in Dallas was uneventful as Pete and I have both spent at least half a dozen lay overs in that airport and we only had a two hours to wait. This may seem like a ton of time but in reality it isn't. I did get the opportunity to visit the admirals club (since we were flying on Pete's package and going business class). The club was nice but not as nice as when I had arrived from a 10 hour overnight flight and was getting ready to jump on another flight to Baltimore. That time I actually took advantage of the showers and it was the nicest thing since the creation of Velcro.
I had been excited to fly business class on the way home not only for the comfort but because I would be sitting next to Pete. I had imagined eating a nice dinner, watching a movie and having a wonderful conversation as the miles between North and South America flew away. Unfortunately this didn't happen as my lovely husband was exhausted from the weeks of vacation and fell asleep as soon as we got on the plane. He even choose to forgo his dinner and dessert. I on the other hand was wide awake and after a nice dinner, movie, and dessert I noticed many of the other passengers were nodding off to sleep. I wasn't sleepy therefore I put on a good book and listened for a few more hours. By the time I actually fell asleep the sun was starting to rise in South America and breakfast was being prepared by the stewardess. All and all I believe that I ended up with a few hours of sleep which in turn plagued me with some intense jet lag later in the day. Fortunately this wasn't too big of a deal as we had the weekend to acclimate.
Well as you can see I am back to my usual goofy blogs. I hope they bring you a bit of entertainment.
I had been excited to fly business class on the way home not only for the comfort but because I would be sitting next to Pete. I had imagined eating a nice dinner, watching a movie and having a wonderful conversation as the miles between North and South America flew away. Unfortunately this didn't happen as my lovely husband was exhausted from the weeks of vacation and fell asleep as soon as we got on the plane. He even choose to forgo his dinner and dessert. I on the other hand was wide awake and after a nice dinner, movie, and dessert I noticed many of the other passengers were nodding off to sleep. I wasn't sleepy therefore I put on a good book and listened for a few more hours. By the time I actually fell asleep the sun was starting to rise in South America and breakfast was being prepared by the stewardess. All and all I believe that I ended up with a few hours of sleep which in turn plagued me with some intense jet lag later in the day. Fortunately this wasn't too big of a deal as we had the weekend to acclimate.
Well as you can see I am back to my usual goofy blogs. I hope they bring you a bit of entertainment.

No comments:
Post a Comment