Saturday, October 25, 2008

Muebles Siguente

It's hard to believe that I am back in Chile again. I traveled home for work and spent a month traveling all over the state of Arizona (Phoenix, Tucson, Sierra Vista, Flagstaff (of course), Lee's Ferry, and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon) and then into California and Texas. My whirlwind trip flew by and I am now safely home with my lovely husband. While I was in the states, Chile went on daylight savings time going forward another hour which means that we are now four hours ahead of Arizona. It's not a huge deal, however I feel strange staying up until 1:00 a.m. (9:00 AZ time) and then lazily sleeping in until 10:00 a.m. (6:00 AZ time). I should be back on track in a few days.

Guess What? We have Muebles! While I was gone Pete purchased the furniture that we had been looking at for months (from different stores of course, we couldn't make things easy on ourselves). In the downstairs den he bought a beautiful couch and a really comfy chair. He also purchased the extra bed for the guest bedroom (we are ready for visitors). 3/4 of the upstairs furniture arrived last night and the rest will come today. We have 10 chairs to go around a beautiful table (table should arrive today) along with two buffet's and a liquor cabinet (are you surprised, I doubt it). In the living room we have two beautiful chairs that can be pushed together to look like a small couch or separated to look like two chairs. I am sitting on one right now typing this email and Pete is sitting on the other playing the guitar (oh, the life I live). We also have a huge coffee table (I submitted to the idea of having a coffee table which I really didn't want and now that it is in the living room I really like it. I can admit when I am wrong). There are two additional pieces of furniture that match, one has the TV on it downstairs and the other is in the living room. Someday we will build the house of our dreams in the states and these two additional pieces of furniture can be placed together (yes we did purchase furniture with the future in mind and that's why it took so dang long.)

Oh yes, let's not forget the window rollers that were installed the day I arrived home. We have 13 floor to ceiling or 3/4 wall windows and we have been living without any type of window coverage. To give you a visual Pete had hung our bed sheets in the window in our room so that we could have some privacy. Yes we were true hicks there for awhile. All we needed was an old couch on the front porch. Those days are gone and we are doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment