Thursday, May 14, 2009

KABUM

Have you ever experience déjà vu but in an untraditional way? I think I did last night. Now mind you I have lived in Chile for ten months and we have a bi level flat. Separating our top and bottom level floors are eight wooden stairs. Everyday I walk up and down those stairs and there have been times when I have thought to myself, “I had better be careful. These are pretty slick.” Well déjà vu caught up to me last night and I crashed and burned.

I was upstairs watching a moving on my laptop. It was late and Pete was already in bed as he had an early morning meeting. The lights in the house were out to save precious resources and I needed to run downstairs to check my work computer to see if someone had responded to an email. I thought (as I passed the light switch) that it would be smart to turn on a light, but then I was already three steps ahead of myself and I figured that I would be downstairs before I knew it. Half way down the stairs my socks slipped and I was flying through the air. I knew I was going to crash and burn hard. As I landed a fresh though came into my mind, "Why don’t they make adult socks with those little suction cups on them?"

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! I can say that this is a funny story now that we know you were not seriously injured. You know, all of Alexa's little socks have stickies on the bottom. You cannot floor-skate with those, however, so they are a double-edged sword. :)

    ReplyDelete